After months of wanting a nice coffee table that doesn’t break the bank, I found an Ikea Table Hack that was SO EASY!
Thank you all for the amazing feedback on this Ikea Table Hack I posted on my Instagram. So many of you direct messaged me for more information, tips, & my supply list.
All you need for this DIY Ikea Table Hack is:
– Rustoleum metallic gold spray paint (I used 3 cans).
– Marble contact paper (I used this – and have plenty left over! I may just add some to my night stands). I also got this Rust-Oleum Flexible Smoothing Tool and it really helped make the marble application much easier.
– AMACO Rub ‘n Buff Wax Metallic Finish, Gold Leaf – Optional
Here are the VERY SIMPLE Ikea Table Hack INSTRUCTIONS:
1. Put all metal legs down to be spray painted
I did it on some open cardboard boxes on the grass.
2. Spray with gold spray paint.
It’s best to not be too close & do 2-3 light coats – waiting at least 10 min in between. (I prefer THIS one because it is not brassy or coppery. It’s the perfect gold. It’s my new favorite and I plan to use it on all my projects needing gold.)
Optional – Once dried, you can add –AMACO Rub ‘n Buff Wax Metallic Finish, Gold Leaf to make the finish even better.
3. After completely dry, assemble as instructions state, & add glass to tops.
4. Adhere marble-looking self-adhesive contact paper to the white shelf slab.
It was really easy to do with two people, lightly shape/holding ‘hot dog style’ & adhere the middle first then out towards the sides. I also did the short sides of the slab so that It looks even more real (you don’t see the seam that way).
You can use a X-ACTO Knife for sides & scissors to snip corners.
5. Place slab in place as instructions state. That’s it!
So here is our new coffee table. One of the easiest things I’ve ever done myself and I love it! I’ve seen the same style as this Ikea Table Hack on some bookshelves and I really want to do those next for our living room as well.
All the pieces in the IKEA Vittsjö Collection would look great with this Ikea Table Hack / tutorial method.
This post is not sponsored or affiliated with Ikea. It may contain affiliate links – All thoughts and opinions are 100% truthful and my own.